We just had the 10 week ultrasound for the new baby yesterday. Everything went perfectly. The baby is the perfect size and the heartbeat is absolutely perfect. We have been truly blessed with Abby and Brock's health during pregnancy. Both Brandie and I have set our faith in God to bless us one more time.
The baby's health is wonderful, but seeing he/she move for the first time during the ultrasound was truly amazing. The baby is soooo tiny and it looks like a tiny baby alien, but it was able to wiggle it's little nubs at us. Truly amazing. It took me right back to the same ultrasound room circa 2000 for Abby's ultrasound where we found out that she was going to be a girl. That was the first time that I was ever in awe of human life and our ability to bring new life into the world. To be able to see the baby moving, see the outline of every bone and to hear her heartbeat was just simply amazing to me. I was really freaked out at the time, but looking back I can see it was just God waking me up to the reality of the situation at hand. The day she was born was like an F5 tornado hit me square in the face and I didn't do a very good job of handling the clean up effort, but I have grown quite a bit since those days.
Brock's ultrasound where we found out he was going to be a boy had all the same aspects, just less of an impact. Finding out we were going to have a boy was very special for us. I really wanted to have a little man to carry on the DeTar name for me. The coolest thing that happened during Brock's pregnancy was the 4D Ultrasound we did with him. We got to see his FACE before birth. That was just truly an amazing feat of modern science and another reality check for me. Another big reality check happened just the other day.
During the ultrasound something really started to hit home with me. This is our last baby. I was really not ready for Abby to come into our life and Brock was the next logical step for us, but this baby was a bit of a surprise for both of us. We had both agreed that we only want 3 and it really hit me in the face in that dark room where I got to see Abby, Brock and now our last baby for the first time. It also made me think of how truly good I have it. These are the best days of my life and I'm enjoying my wife, kindergartener, toddler and next baby with each passing special moment. I love my family so much that it is sad to see some moments pass, but I wouldn't try to hold back any one of them. The next BIG moment should happen around January 18th. I can't wait to be there.
Tom
Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(258)
-
▼
June
(24)
- They JUST might pull this off.
- Front and west facing wall
- Southeastern corner of the house.
- Fireplace
- Master Bath - Whirlpool tub and shower on the left...
- This picture take me back to the trim carpentry da...
- Kitchen - Stove in the corner and fridge on the ri...
- Kitchen - Sink in the middle and dishwasher on the...
- An Ultrasound of My Family's Life
- Granny Karen and Bubba
- Slip and Slide = Good Times
- Jaden a slippin' and a slidin'
- No filter with Picasa tweaks
- Photoshopped and filtered
- Filtered
- Unfiltered
- HILLBILLIES!!!
- MULLET!!!
- We had a good lightening show last night
- The sheetrock is up!!! This is the garage
- Master Bedroom
- Master Bath and closet
- Looking to the front door from the dining room
- Looking into the living room from the front door
-
▼
June
(24)
No comments:
Post a Comment